Honey Peanut Chicken Satay Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or thighs (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- Cooking spray
For the Chicken Marinade:
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons PB2 powder
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Optional toppings- chopped fresh cilantro and chopped peanuts
For the Dipping Sauce:
- ¼ cup PB2 peanut butter powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2½ tablespoon water
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon grated garlic
- If using wooden skewers, soak the skewers for 30 min to 1 hour before cooking. Meanwhile prepare the marinade. Add all marinade ingredients to large bowl or gallon size plastic bag. Add chicken pieces and marinate for 30 minutes up to 24 hours.
- Next, add all of the peanut sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Thread pieces of chicken onto skewer- do not over crowd the stick (you can fit roughly 5 pieces per skewer).
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to medium heat, drizzle or spay with a little oil.
- Place satay skewers on grill or grill pan, cook for 4 minutes, flip and cook on the other side for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (due to the sugar in the marinade, you will get blackened marks on your chicken which is what you want!).
- Remove chicken and place on a serving plate. If desired, top with chopped fresh cilantro and chopped peanuts. Serve with dipping sauce (all of the ingredients mixed together).
We hope you enjoy our Honey Chicken Peanut Satay courtesy of Melanie Flinn of Nutritious Eats. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.