Peanut Butter Banana Protein Muffins
Peanut Butter Banana Protein Muffins are as easy to make as they are drool worthy. Heat them up with butter, freeze them for later, or eat the whole batch in one sitting, we won’t judge! Your kid’s friends will be envious when you break out these irresistible muffins for everyone. Plus, your house will have the amazing smell of fresh baked goods all day.
Parents are always looking for easy and healthy solutions that will leave their kids hunger satisfied and bodies powered up for the day. PB2 contains 4 to 6 grams of protein, which will help kids and parents alike stay focused between drop off and pick up. After just a bite of our Peanut Butter Banana Protein Muffins you’ll already feel fueled to take on anything the day brings!
- ¼ cup of Original PB2
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 4 large ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup of packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup of honey or Agave
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of milk
- ¼ cup of raw sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Original PB2, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and
cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place the mashed bananas in a mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, honey, coconut oil,
egg, vanilla. Beat this combination until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and milk alternately to the banana mixture, starting and ending
with the flour. Mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fill muffin liners three-fourths full and sprinkle with the raw sugar.
- Bake until light brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean. This should be around 20-22 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and serve warm or room temperature.
We hope you enjoy our Peanut Butter Banana Protein Muffins. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.
Have you checked out our Pinterest page yet? We’re always showing off drool-worthy recipes that are sure to be your new favorites.