Feeling spooked by all of the sugar in Halloween candy?
Store-bought candy can be downright spooky if you look at the ingredients and nutritional facts printed on the packaging. Don’t worry, we’re here to help you get excited about eating healthy on Halloween. We want to make it easy to choose pure and simple food you can feel good about and share with those you love. So, we’re sharing some of our favorite recipes for creative, tasty and spooky treats that fit the bill for healthfulness.
We have no tricks, just treats!
Halloween can be a daunting time if you’re trying to live a healthy, balanced life and you stumble upon the candy aisle in the store. But it doesn’t have to be. There are no tricks here: By simply swapping out traditional treats for any of the healthy Halloween treats below, you can still deliver the goods, but without inducing any sugar highs or suffering from day-after guilt.
Our PB2 products typically contain 4 to 6 grams of protein per serving and boast 90% less fat as well as 70% fewer calories than traditional peanut butter. Plus, all the recipes we’re sharing are portable and easy to handle for those trick-or-treaters or Halloween potluck parties you’re attending. Parents in your neighborhood will thank you for the healthy choices you handed out on Halloween night, and your friends will thank you for bringing the most flavorful desserts to the party.
These five treats are delicious, easy to make, and great for taking the place of those tempting Halloween treats high in sugar and artificial ingredients. These specialties are all a balance between treating yourself and keeping your mind and body healthy.
5 PB2 Healthy Halloween Treats
Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- These gluten-free muffins are extra chocolaty and will have you kissing chocolate bars goodbye. They’re basically a perfect cross between a brownie and a muffin. Get the recipe here.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Forget the store-bought peanut butter cups. These are packed with protein and are a much-healthier take on the traditional treat. Get the recipe here.
Organic Peanut Butter Cookies
- When you take a batch of these cookies out of the oven, you’ll have the whole neighborhood lining up at your door. Get the recipe here.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- Rich in chocolate and peanut flavors, these irresistible brownies are also dairy-free. You won’t be able to taste the difference! Get the recipe here.
Almond Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Good news for those in a time crunch: This recipe calls for the simplest batter and only 10-12 minutes of baking time. Get the recipe here.