Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but what if you don’t have time to prepare it? Good news – we have the perfect recipe for you! These delicious and wholesome Vanilla Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies are a perfect and quick solution that can be made the night before. Enjoy!
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons Organic PB2
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 1/3 cup of golden raisins
- 1/2 cup of diced apple
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the PB2 with the cool water until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl measure the old fashioned oats and quick oats. Add the ground cinnamon and salt to the bowl with the oatmeal. Mix with a spoon until the cinnamon is evenly coating the oats.
- Add the chopped walnuts, golden raisins and diced apples to the bowl. Mix with a spoon to combine.
- Add the PB2 Peanut Butter, honey and apple sauce to the bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until all of the oats are moistened with the wet ingredients. Add up to a tablespoon more of honey if the mixture seems dry.
- Use a 1 1/2 inch dough scoop or a tablespoon to form each cookie. Leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Gently press down on the center of each cookie with the back of a spoon. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Place the cookies on a cooling rack, allowing the cookies to cool for 5 minutes.
We hope you enjoy our Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies courtesy of Arlene Mobley of Flour on my Face . For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.
This recipe is quick and easy to make, which is probably a necessity for some. But, if you have a little more time, it’s really easy to get creative with it. Eating a bowl without any garnishes is delicious, but we suggest topping it off with whatever you’ve got in your fridge. You can’t go wrong!