Peanut Turkey Meatballs
A homemade twist on the classic appetizer, these Peanut Turkey Meatballs are served in a decadent sweet-savory-spicy sauce. Serve these saucy meatballs over rice for dinner or as a party app!
- Servings: 36 (1.5T) meatballs
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Bake time: 25 minutes
- Inactive cooking time: 2-3 hours
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- ¾ cup PB2 Original Powdered Peanut Butter
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 18 oz. BBQ sauce
- 18 oz. grape jelly
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Place the ground turkey into a large bowl.
- Measure in the PB2 Original Powdered Peanut Butter, panko breadcrumbs, diced onion, minced garlic, egg kosher salt and black pepper. Mix until combined.
- Use a 1.5-tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop/shape the meatballs. Place on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the meatballs are just baked through. (The internal temperature should reach 165°F.)
- Once all the meatballs have been cooked, transfer them to a slow cooker. Add the BBQ sauce and grape jelly. Cook on low for 2-3 hours minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with toothpicks as an appetizer or over rice with sliced green onions and chopped peanuts as a meal.
Note; Cook the meatballs early and throw everything into the slow cooker for ease with entertaining.
For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.