Apple Spice Protein Mug Cake
- 1 large apple
- 2 tablespoons of PB2 Performance Almond Protein Powder
- 4 tablespoons of either wheat flour or gluten-free flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of milk
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup or desired sweetener
- Peel and chop the apple into small (1/2-inch pieces). Place them in a ramekin and microwave for 1 minute.
- Combine the PB2 Almond Protein Powder, flour, baking powder, and allspice in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the beaten egg, olive oil, milk, maple syrup, and apples, and stir well to combine the ingredients. The batter will be thick.
- Transfer the batter to a large, microwave-safe mug that holds at least 12 ounces, or two smaller coffee cups that hold at least 6 ounces.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes and 30 seconds for the 12-ounce portion, or 90 seconds for each 6-ounce portion. If making the 2 (6-ounce) portions, microwave them individually.
- Remove the mug carefully, as the handle may be hot. Top with Greek yogurt, chopped nuts, and a drizzle of caramel sauce if desired.
We hope you enjoy our Apple Spice Protein Mug Cake featuring our newest innovation, Performance Almond Protein Powder PB2. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.
Recipe Courtesy of Anne Danahy of Craving Something Healthy.