Peanut Butter Berry Crisp
This berry peanut butter crisp is a unique take on a traditional summer dessert and PB & J! Fresh or frozen berries form the base while crispy oats and peanut butter add textural contrast. While crisp recipes often include wheat flour and butter, there are some options to make this fresh berry dessert gluten-free and vegan.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen strawberries and blueberries
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch corn starch (rice flour can be substituted)
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
Peanut Butter Crumble Topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a 9 or 10-inch baking dish or skillet stir together the berries with tapioca starch and brown/coconut sugar. Set aside while preparing the peanut butter crumble topping.
- In a bowl stir together PB2 powder, oat flour, rolled oats, and salt. Then add the melted butter/coconut oil, sugar, and vanilla extract. Work everything together until a lumpy crumble mixture forms.
- Spread the topping evenly over the fruit in the baking dish. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. The fruit should be bubbly and the topping golden brown.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. If desired, add a scoop of (dairy-free) ice cream or whipped (coconut) cream to each serving.
We hope you enjoy our Peanut Butter Berry Crisp courtesy of Leelalicious. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.