Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls
Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls are a quick and easy favorite treat for any house! Perfect for family movie nights or a yummy treat to take to a friend or neighbor. Happy snacking!
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil more or less, to evenly cover the bottom of your pot
- 1/2 cup uncooked popcorn kernels
- 6 tablespoons butter plus additional for hands
- 1/2 cup PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon canola or vegetable oil
Peanut Butter Drizzle
- 2 tablespoons PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter
- 5 teaspoons water
- Add the oil to a large pot set on medium heat.
- To test if the oil is hot enough, place two popcorn kernels into the hot oil, cover with lid and wait for them to pop. Once they have popped, remove them with a spoon and throw away. Add the ½ cup of popcorn kernels to the pot in as even a layer as possible and cover. Remove the pot from the heat to a count of 25 seconds. This will bring all kernels to an even temperature.
- Return pot to heat and once kernels begins to pop, shake the pot back and forth just above the burner every 20-30 seconds. Repeat process until popping starts to slow and time increases between popping.
- Pour popcorn into a large bowl and clean the pot.
- Place the butter into the pot and heat over medium heat. Once butter has mostly melted, add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted. Turn off heat and whisk in the PB2 Organic Peanut Butter Powder, vanilla and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add the popcorn back to the pot and with a rubber spatula, mix until popcorn is completely coated.
- Place some butter on your hands or spray with cooking oil. Form the popcorn into 10 balls, about 2 ½ inches in diameter and place onto parchment or wax paper.
- Place the chocolate chips into a small bowl with the ¼ teaspoon of canola oil. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir. If chocolate hasn’t melted, microwave again in 10 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted. Using a fork, drizzle the chocolate over each of the popcorn balls.
Peanut Butter Drizzle
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter with the 5 teaspoons of water. Using a clean fork, drizzle the peanut butter over the popcorn balls.
We hope you enjoy our Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls courtesy of 365 Days of Baking. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.