Almond Butter and Chocolate Cheesecake
For the Crust
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 8-ounce blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup PB2 Powdered Almond Butter
- 1 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, or use chunks.
- 3/4-1 cup heavy cream
- Shaved chocolate
- Crushed almonds
- Chocolate chunks
- Butter the inside of a 9″ springform pan. In a food processor or blender, grind chocolate graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, add PB2 Powdered Almond Butter and unsalted butter; use fork or fingers to blend mixture until crumbs are evenly moist. Press into the bottom and about a third of the way up the sides of the springform pan. Refrigerate for about 10-15 minutes.
For the Cheesecake:
- Cream eggs and sugar by beating for a few minutes and set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, beat softened cream cheese on medium, scraping down the bowl, as necessary. Mix until completely smooth, approximately 2 to 4 minutes. Add vanilla and beat for 30 seconds. Add PB2 almond butter, heavy cream, and beat on low until completely smooth and streak-free, about 1 minute. Make sure the cheesecake filling is lump-free before adding in the eggs.
- Combine creamed eggs and sugar with cream cheese mixture and mix until well blended.
- Pour batter into graham cracker crust, smooth the top and bake.
- Tap the pan on the counter for 20 to 30 seconds to remove air bubbles. Air-bubbles can contribute to why cheesecakes crack, and we want to prevent that.
To Bake It Without a Water Bath:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and bake it for 55-60 minutes without opening the oven. Do not open range for the first 30-40 minutes.
- Set cheesecake on the rack and let it come to room temperature. Once completely cool, loosely cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
To Bake it With a Water Bath:
- Wrap the bottom of the springform pan with a double layer of aluminum foil and place in a large roasting pan. Pour in enough boiling water to come up halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake cheesecake until the top is just starting to brown and slightly crack, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, prop the door open and let cheesecake slowly cool in a water bath for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, add 1 cup of Bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped or use chocolate chunks/chips and mix with 3/4 cup heavy cream.
- Turn temperature to medium heat and melt chocolate. Make sure to keep stirring until all the chocolate is melted and the texture is smooth and glossy.
- Pour ganache over cooled cheesecake and allow it to drip over. Garnish with crushed almonds, shaved chocolate, and chocolate chunks if desired.
- Place it back in the fridge for at least one hour to set, but preferably 2-3 hours.
We hope you enjoy our Almond Butter and Chocolate Cheesecake from Sandra’s Easy Cooking. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.