Pear Frangipane Tart
- 1 pie crust use my classic or gluten free crust recipe
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 cup PB2 Powdered Almond Butter
- 3 pears
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heated apricot jam for topping, optional
- Powdered sugar for a topping
- Make a pie crust and blind bake in a 10-inch tart pan for 15 minutes at 400°F (350°F for coconut flour crust) to keep it from shrinking. Then bake for another 5-10 minutes until the bottom looks crisp like a cookie and no longer opaque.
- In the meantime make the frangipane (almond cream). In a bowl whip together the butter and sugar with your electric hand mixer until light and fluffy looking.
- Mix in 1 egg, then half of the PB2 Powdered Almond Butter. Repeat with the other egg and remaining almond powder. Finally add baking powder, amaretto (or almond extract), and vanilla extract and mix in. (The almond cream can be prepared ahead up to this point and refrigerated for 2-3 days until ready to use.)
- Peel the pears and cut in half. Pull out the stem and remove the core (with a melon baller). Slice each pear half into thin half moon shapes but keep them together.
- Spread the frangipane into the pre-baked pie crust. Fan out each sliced pear half and arrange on top of the almond cream filled tart. Lightly press the fruit into the filling.
- Bake the pear frangipane tart for 30-40 minutes at 350°F until the frangipane filling is puffed up and no longer glossy on top.
- After removing the tart from the oven, you can optionally brush the baked pears with heated apricot jam for a shiny finish. Let the tart cool for at least 30 minutes, then dust with powdered sugar before serving.
We hope you enjoy our Pear Frangipane Tart courtesy of Leelalicious. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.