Apple Nacho Platter
Our Apple Nacho Platter is dripping with a peanut butter drizzle and melted chocolate aka the perfect combination. This dish provides a healthier snack option for yourself, your family, or a large crowd. Whether you’re making after-school snacking more fun, or you’re looking for a quick and delicious dish to take to a a tailgate, this recipe is it. These nachos also have the benefit of prebiotics and probiotics, thanks to our newest product, PB2 Pre+Probiotic. That’s right, we’ve taken powdered peanut butter – already a nutritional powerhouse on its own – and created a superfood out of it with our new Pre+Probiotic product. So, you don’t have to feel guilty when you eat the whole tray in one sitting!
With tailgating season and appple season in full swing, there’s no better time for this treat!
- 4 apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup of lemon or lime juice
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup of Pre + Probiotic PB2
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips melted
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon or apple pie spice mix
- 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- Handful of chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Core and slice the apples to about 1/4 inch thickness. Soak the slices in a shallow bowl with 4 cups of water and 1/4 cup of lemon or lime juice.
- Drain the apple slices and let excess water drip off.
- Arrange the dried apple slices in a circular pattern on a large platter.
- Reconstitute the PB2 powder with water and drizzle all over the apple slices. The PB2 label will have directions for reconstituting the powder.
- Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle the melted chocolate on the apples.
- Sprinkle everything with cinnamon, shredded coconut, chocolate chip, and any other toppings you would like.
We hope you enjoy Apple Nacho Platter featuring our new Pre + Probiotic PB2. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.
Recipe Courtesy of Regina Braun of Leelalicious.