Cashew Butter Bread Pudding with Sweet Cashew Butter Sauce
Decadent, creamy Cashew Butter Bread Pudding is the best dessert! Topped with a sweet Cashew Butter Sauce, this is a treat that’s fabulous for sharing.
- Servings: 8 servings
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Inactive time: 2 hours
- Cook time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 3 hours 5 minutes
- 1 loaf bread, cut into 1” cubes (1 lb.) – we used a brioche bread because it soaks up custard really well!
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup PB2 Cashew Powder (128g)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Sweet Cashew Butter Sauce
- 8 tablespoons (½ cup) unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup PB2 Cashew Powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Make the Bread Pudding
- Spray a 9”x13” baking dish with butter or nonstick baking spray.
- Add bread cubes to the prepared dish in an even layer.
- Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, milk, PB2 Cashew powder, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and salt until combined. Make sure to mix it well so that the eggs are fully incorporated.
- Pour the custard over the bread cubes, and press the cubes down to ensure they’re submerged in the liquid.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. This step allows the bread to soak up the custard, so don’t skip it! If your bread is extremely crusty, you can let it soak for longer!
- When the soak is completed, preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Uncover the bread pudding, and bake until it’s set in the center, about 50-60 minutes. It should be puffed and golden brown, too.
Make the Sauce
- Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave.
- Add the sugar, PB2 cashew powder and salt, stirring until combined.
- Pour in the milk and the vanilla extract.
- Whisk until the mixture has thickened, then serve warm over the bread pudding.
- Store leftover bread pudding covered tightly in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It reheats well in the microwave.
- Store the sauce separately and reheat when ready to serve.
For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.