Breaded Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders
These crunchy chicken tenders are utterly delicious and have a secret ingredient–PB2 Powdered Almond Butter! We love the crispiness of these and the honey mustard dipping sauce paired with them.
- Servings: 4 servings
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30(ish) minutes
- Total time: 45-55 minutes
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs (75g)
- ½ cup PB2 Powdered Almond Butter (44g)
- Avocado oil spray
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Season the chicken tenderloins with salt and pepper.
- Break the egg into a bowl, and whisk it with a fork.
- Sprinkle the panko into another bowl.
- Add the PB2 Powdered Almond Butter into another bowl.
- Dip the seasoned chicken into the PB2 Powdered Almond Butter. Once coated, transfer it to the egg wash, tossing it until coated. Transfer the chicken into the panko, rolling in the breadcrumbs until completely breaded.
- Place the chicken tenderloin on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the chicken tenderloins are breaded.
- Spray the chicken tenders lightly with avocado oil spray (this will help them crisp up) then bake at 400°F for 30-40 minutes. Flip the chicken tenders halfway through, cooking until golden brown and crispy. The internal temperature of the tenderloins should reach 165°F.
- Remove from the oven, and once cooled, slice up and set aside.
- While the tenders cool, combine the mustard, honey and yogurt in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Taste, then season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Enjoy the tenders with the dipping sauce!
For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.