Cashew Butter Pudding with Raspberry Sauce
Creamy Cashew Butter Vanilla Pudding with a tart Raspberry Sauce is comforting and delicious. This dessert is a homemade version of the childhood favorite.
- Servings: 6 servings
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- Chill time: 2-3 hours, if you want it cold
Cashew Butter Pudding
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- 1 cup PB2 Cashew Powder (144g)
- ¼ cup cornstarch (38g)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt (2g)
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 oz. raspberries (about 1 ½ cups)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100g)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Measure the sugar, PB2 Cashew Powder, cornstarch and salt into a fine mesh strainer (or a sifter.) Sift over a medium saucepan to remove any clumps. This will make for a smoother pudding. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly whisk in 2 cups of the milk and heat over medium heat. Whisk until the mixture begins thickening, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the milk in, whisking constantly until the mixture begins to bubble vigorously and has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Add the vanilla extract and unsalted butter, stirring until combined.
- Pour into bowls or a large container to cool off. Serve once it’s no longer super hot.
- While the mixture cools, make the sauce. Combine the raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until the raspberries have broken down, about 5-8 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and then serve with the pudding.
- How to store: Let the pudding cool before transferring to an airtight storage container or a baking dish. Cover the surface with plastic wrap, pressing down to where the plastic wrap is touching the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming.
- For a stronger vanilla flavor, you can replace the vanilla extract with vanilla bean paste.
- You can make this pudding vegan by using your favorite nondairy milk.
For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.