Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of Cocoa PB2
- 4 eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 cup of buttermilk
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
For the Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup of Original PB2
- 5 tablespoons of heavy cream
- ½ cup of water
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- Chocolate sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon of Mexican vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place cupcake liners in two 12-count muffin tins and one 6-count muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, Cocoa PB2, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites, both sugars, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth and completely combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill cupcake liners halfway full. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully remove cupcakes from the pans to cool on a cooling rack.
- Make the chocolate ganache by adding chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream to a small microwaveable bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Dip each cupcake directly into the ganache to cover the top; set aside to cool.
- Combine PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter in a small bowl with the water. Combine prepared peanut butter and butter with an electric mixer until smooth, about one minute. Use a rubber scraper to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add vanilla, salt, and heavy cream and mix to combine. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time.
- Attach a 1M star frosting tip to a frosting bag and fill with frosting. Pipe frosting onto each cupcake and immediately add sprinkles.
We hope you enjoy our Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes courtesy of Cupcake Diaries. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.