“Is organic peanut butter healthier for you?” This is a question we get asked a lot. Organic foods, including peanut butter, are foods that are grown and made without the use of pesticides or other harmful chemicals. So that makes organic foods an obvious healthier choice. We firmly believe that food can be both healthy and delicious. Our vision is always to create pure and simple food that not only tastes great, but also inspires healthy and balanced lifestyles. That’s why we created PB2 Organic Peanut Butter Powder.
What is organic peanut butter?
We make organic peanut butter with organic peanuts and salt. It may or may not have added sugar or oils, but it usually does not. Our PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter uses freshly roasted, “USDA Organic” peanuts. First, roasted peanuts are pressed to remove most of the oil. Then we mix in a little sugar and a dash of salt for flavor. And the result is peanut butter with 90% less fat and almost 70% fewer calories than traditional peanut butter. Plus 6 grams of plant-based protein.
What else makes us different? Well we don’t add other ingredients to change the product’s flavor or texture, or even to alter its nutritional profile. And we seriously pay very close attention to all the ingredients that go into our product formulas. That means NO pesticides or genetically modified ingredients are used in the making of our products. The U.S. Department of Agriculture notes that organic foods also are grown without the use of synthetic fertilizers, irradiation, sewage sludge or genetic engineering.
What are the health benefits?
According to the USDA Pesticide Data Program, there are eight pesticides commonly found in traditional peanut butter. Because you won’t be exposed to chemicals and other harmful substances, organic peanut butter is the better option. It’s also good to know that organic PB farmers and manufacturers understand the environmental impact of making this food.
Organic peanut butter has numerous health benefits, among them:
- It’s an energy-dense, plant-based protein source.
- It contains all 20 amino acids, including arginine, which is important for heart health.
- It’s low on the glycemic index scale (so it won’t spike your blood sugar level).
- It provides fiber, which will help you feel fuller longer and will feed the beneficial bacteria in your microbiome.
- It’s high in antioxidants. Peanuts contain one particularly potent antioxidant, resveratrol, which will help reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and cancer.
- It’s a great source of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- It’s not been exposed to pesticides and GMOs.
People love our organic powdered peanut butter because it’s affordable, nutritious and versatile. Plus it’s delicious! We tell our consumers to eat what they love and love what they eat. So that’s why we try to help that along by providing a better peanut butter taste that’s also better for you.