Peanut Butter Mousse Parfaits
For the Peanut Butter Mousse:
For the Chocolate Cookie Dough Crumble:
- 1 cup of packed, soft pitted dates
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup or warm water
- If you’re using canned coconut cream, open and add 1 cup to mixing bowl. If you’re using full-fat canned coconut milk, place 2 cans of in the fridge overnight. When ready to make the recipe, carefully open and scoop the thick, solid coconut cream off the top and into a bowl. Each can should produce about ½ cup of coconut cream.
- Add the PB2 and maple syrup to the bowl with the coconut cream and gently fold together until smooth and creamy. Place in the fridge for 2 hours up to overnight to set. Depending on the thickness of the coconut cream you use, it may be ready in about 30 minutes. It should be thick and firm when ready.
- To make the chocolate crumble, add the oats, sea salt, dates and cocoa powder to a food processor. Mix until it forms a crumbly, chocolate dough.
- To assemble the parfaits, prepare 4 jars or glasses and start by adding about 2 tbsp of the chocolate crumble to the bottom of each jar.
- Add 1 tbsp of mousse to each jar then keep adding spoonfuls to each jar until the mouse is evenly divided between them. Spread the mouse around in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate dough on top of each jar (if you prefer you can put all the dough underneath the layer of mousse).
- Serve topped with a few crushed peanuts and a drizzle of melted chocolate, if desired.
We hope you enjoy our Peanut Butter Mousse Parfaits. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.
Recipe Courtesy of Deryn Macey of Running on Real Food.