Thai Peanut Curry Recipe
Our Thai Peanut Curry is the perfect savory dish for weeknight dinners, meal prepping, or a workday lunch when you’re too busy to cook. Serve a comforting bowl of this curry with some jasmine rice and a garnish of fresh cilantro, crushed peanuts, and black sesame seeds for a restaurant-worthy home-cooked meal. We used our newest product, Crunchy PB2, for a delicious and sweet flavor crunch.
• 1 tablespoon oil olive or coconut oil
• 2-3 shallots sliced (or 1 small chopped onion)
• 3 garlic cloves minced
• 1 can coconut milk (15 oz)
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 4 tablespoons red curry paste (2 tablespoons for less spicy curry)
• 1/2 cup PB2 Crunchy Peanut Powder
• 1 medium sweet potato cubed (about 2 cups)
• 1 lb chicken breast bite-sized pieces (or chickpeas)
• 2 tablespoons fish sauce more to taste
• 1 red bell pepper diced
• 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
• cilantro, chopped peanuts, black sesame for topping
• 1 lime or to taste
1. Heat a large pan or pot. Add the oil and sauté the shallots and garlic until fragrant (1-2 minutes), then push to the sides of the pot.
2. Add the red curry paste and cook it for a couple of minutes while stirring to get it fragrant throughout.
3. Stir in coconut milk and chicken broth.
4. Whisk in the PB2 Crunchy Peanut Powder. Add the cubed sweet potatoes and close with a lid. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the sweet potato starts to soften.
5. Then, stir in the chicken pieces, diced bell pepper, and fish sauce. Continue simmering until the chicken is cooked and the sweet potato pieces softened throughout (about 10 more minutes). Remove the lid and taste the curry. Add a teaspoon of (coconut) sugar for more sweetness. Lime juice for acidity, or more fish sauce for saltiness and umami.
6. Serve this Peanut Curry with steamed rice or quinoa. Serve with chopped cilantro, crushed peanuts, and/or sesame seeds. Enjoy!
We hope you enjoy our Peanut Curry courtesy of Leelalicious. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.