Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- Large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- Cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Cup of canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons The Original PB2 Organic (mixed with 4 1/2 tablespoons of water
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- Cup of hot water
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, measure the unbleached all-purpose flour, sugar, pumpkin spice and baking soda. Whisk ingredients together until completely combined.
- In a separate small bowl, lightly beat the egg then add the water, oil, and evaporated milk. Whisk ingredients together until combined.
- Next, whisk the pumpkin puree and reconstituted PB2 peanut butter into the other wet ingredients until completely combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix with a large spoon or spatula until just moistened and no streaks of flour can be seen.
- Fill each lined muffin liner 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 16 to 20 minutes for regular-sized muffins, or until the center is set. If baking jumbo muffins, bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until the center is done. Note: This recipe makes 16 regular sized muffins or 9 jumbo muffins.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove the muffins from the muffin pan and transfer to the cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve muffins warm or store in an airtight container for later.
We hope you enjoy our Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Muffins featuring our Organic PB2. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.
Recipe Courtesy of Arlene Mobley of Flour On My Face.