Peanut Butter Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Apples
- 1 cup of milk of choice (choose between 2%, whole, almond, or coconut milk for best flavor)
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup of chopped apple
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnut
- Chopped apples
- Chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Dollop of peanut butter
- Drizzle of honey
- Mini chocolate chips
- Fresh or dried fruit
- Bring the milk and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium to high heat.
- Stir in the oats, cinnamon, salt and PB2 powder. Stir well and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the apples to allow them to soften a little. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes, until the oatmeal is ready.
- Stir in the walnuts, then turn off the heat and let sit for a few minutes to allow the oatmeal to thicken up.
- Divide the oatmeal into two bowls, and add your desired toppings.
Recipe Courtesy of Kathryn Doherty of Family Food on the Table.