Chocolate Pound Cake with Peanut Butter Glaze
Chocolate Pound Cake with Peanut Butter Glaze is an elevated version of the classic dessert with a moist, tender texture and delicious icing. Indulge in this chocolatey peanut butter treat that will have everyone clamoring for another slice!
- 3 cups Flour
- ¾ cup Cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Espresso powder
- 1½ cups Butter room temperature
- 1 cup Sour cream room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 cups Sugar
- 5 eggs
Peanut Butter Glaze
- ½ cup Milk (use additional ¼ cup if you prefer a thinner texture glaze)
- 1 cup PB2 or 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1½ cups Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, and espresso powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add butter and sour cream and cream together for 3-5 minutes on medium speed, until mixed together. (may appear separated, this is normal)
- Add vanilla extract, salt, and sugar and continue to mix for another minute. Add eggs, one at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is mixed together and mix for another minute.
- Add ½ of the dry ingredients, mix together, then add the remainder of the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Spray a 10 cup bundt pan with nonstick baking spray and add batter. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Note: If using loaf pans, split batter between 2 9×5 loaf pans and bake for 50-60 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool for 5 minutes in the pan then turn over onto a cooling rack or plate and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- To make the glaze, mix together milk, powdered sugar, and pb2 until smooth.
We hope you enjoy our Chocolate Pound Cake with Peanut Butter Glaze from Britney Breaks Bread. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.