Easy Almond Croissants
These flaky almond croissants are made easy with a store-bought shortcut and filled with a decadent almond butter filling! Perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- Servings: 6 croissants
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Inactive time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted (but still cold)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup PB2 Powdered Almond Butter
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Lightly flour a flat surface. Spread out the puff pastry, and roll each into a 13” square.
- Cut 6 triangles into the puff pastry. They should be about 13” long and 4” wide.
- Mix the melted butter, PB2 Powdered Almond Butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, salt and milk in a bowl until combined.
- Scoop about 2 teaspoons of the almond butter mixture onto the center of the wider part of each triangle. Spread it around a little bit so it’s in the center—but do NOT spread toward the edges or it will seep out of the croissants as they bake.
- Start at the wider end, and gently roll the puff pastry on top of itself to make a croissant.
- Place the croissants on the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes while the oven preheats.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Combine the egg and water in a small bowl, and whisk together.
- Brush the tops of the croissants with the egg wash using a pastry brush. Sprinkle on the slivered almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until risen and golden brown.
- Garnish with powdered sugar. Enjoy warm or slightly cooled.
- This recipe can be doubled for more croissants. Just be sure to space them out on the baking sheet so they don’t crowd each other.
- Store the croissants in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 days.
For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.