Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- 5 tablespoons of PB2
- 2 tablespoon of unsalted butter, to grease the baking pan
- 1 ¾ cups of all-purpose gluten-free flour, containing xanthan gum
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup of sugar
- Large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt, room temperature
- ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided in half
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed fine
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with butter and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the PB2 , flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the melted butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, peanut butter, and yogurt. Beat the mixture together until smooth and well combined.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the bowl, and mix until it is almost fully combined.
- Stir half of the chocolate chips in the remaining dry ingredients and set aside.
- Add the mashed bananas to the ingredients in the large mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine and mix in the remaining dry ingredients and chocolate chips. The batter will be thick!
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and tap the bottom of the loaf pan on the counter top to remove any air bubbles.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on the top of the batter.
- Place the pan in the center of the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, turning half way through the cooking time.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the bread to rest in the loaf pan for 10 minutes.
- Gently remove the loaf of banana bread from the pan and finish cooling on a wire cooling rack.
We hope you enjoy our Gluten-Free Banana Bread. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.
Have you checked out our Pinterest page yet? We’re always showing off drool-worthy recipes that are sure to be your new favorites