Loaded Potato Soup
Soup season is in full swing! We know it can be a daunting task to find a good soup recipe that aligns with your health goals and tastes delicious, so we’re here to make it easy! This Loaded Potato Soup is everything you can ask for and more in a healthy comfort food: thick, creamy, vegan and filled with PB2 Cashew Powder.
6 cups chopped red or Yukon gold potatoes (about 6 medium potatoes or 2 lbs)
1 cup chopped sweet or yellow onion
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
Drizzle of oil or broth to sauté
4 cups vegetable broth, low sodium if needed
3/4 – 1 tsp sea salt, adjusted to your preference
- 1/2 – 1 cup PB2 Cashew Powder, adjusted for your desired creaminess
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp pepper, adjusted to your preference
- Green onions
- Sour cream
- Dairy free shredded cheese
- Vegan bacon
- Crushed potato chips
- Sauté potatoes, onion, carrots and celery with a drizzle of oil or broth until softened and fragrant. About 7-8 minutes.
- Add 4 cups broth and salt and bring to a rapid boil. About 5-7 minutes.
- Once it boils, cover, reduce to a low simmer and cook for about 15 minutes until potatoes are soft and can be pierced with a fork.
- When tender, carefully remove 4 cups of soup – avoiding the carrots – and place in a blender. Be careful not to pick up many carrots or your soup will turn orange.
- Add PB2 Cashew Powder and lemon juice and blend until smooth and creamy. Add back into the pot and mix in the pepper.
- Serve with toppings of choice!
We hope you enjoy our Loaded Potato Soup from Veggies Don’t Bite. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.