Peanut Butter Pancakes
These protein-packed, vegan Peanut Butter Pancakes will get your morning off to the right start! Whether it’s a dreaded Monday morning going to the office or it’s a sleepy Saturday morning, these pancakes are sure to put a smile on your face. Plus, they’ll fill you up with a warm, nutritious breakfast. Parents and kids alike won’t be able to resist a stack!
- 2 tablespoons of PB2
- ¼ cup of oat flour and sweet rice flour, stirred together
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- Dash of salt
- ½ cup of coconut or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Hint of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable or coconut oil
- Whisk together the PB2, oat flour, rice flour, baking powder, salt and flax seed. Set this mixture aside.
- Stir the milk, brown sugar and vanilla and add to the PB2 mixture. Mix until well combined and let rest for 10 minutes.
- While pancake batter rests, mix together the 2 tablespoons of PB2, water and maple syrup for the topping. Put aside.
- Lightly grease a pan or flat griddle with a thin coat of oil and heat over medium heat.
- To make each pancake, place two heaping tablespoons of batter into the pan.
- Cook each pancake until small bubbles form on the top of the pancake and the bottom is golden brown. This should take about 2 minutes.
- Turn the pancakes over and let cook for another minute.
- Serve warm, drizzlewith PB2 syrup and top with fresh fruit.
Have you checked out our Pinterest page yet? We’re always showing off drool-worthy recipes that are sure to be your new favorites