Thai Peanut Noodle Salad
Thai Peanut Noodle Salad with PB2 Crunchy sauce is a flavourful and colorful combo of all the right ingredients. Veggies, peanuts, chicken, noodles, and seasoning, how good is that?! We used our new product, PB2 Crunchy, to make the dressing on this and we are sure glad we did. This can be an easy make ahead meal for weeknight dinners, work lunches, or a protein snack. Enjoy!
- 7 ounces noodles like ramen, soba, rice stick, or spaghetti
- 3 cups purple cabbage shredded
- 2 medium carrots shredded
- 1 bell pepper (red, yellow, orange) thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves about 1/2 bunch
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions about 4
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons sesame seeds black or white
- optional grilled chicken breast or rotisserie chicken
Thai Peanut Dressing
- 1/2 cup PB2 Crunchy Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove pressed or grated
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste or Sriracha sauce *
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles until al dente or as long as indicated on the package. Then drain them and rinse until cooled.
- Add the cooled cooked noodles to a large bowl together with shredded purple cabbage, shredded carrots, thinly sliced bell peppers, chopped cilantro, and sliced green onions.
- Toss everything until combined.
- To make the dressing add the PB2 Crunchy Peanut Butter Powder to a glass jar. To that add the hot water, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, garlic, sesame oil, and red curry paste (or Sriracha).
- Whisk all dressing ingredients until evenly combined. Or close the jar and shake everything up.
- Drizzle the dressing over the cold noodle salad not too long before serving (otherwise the noodles absorb a lot of it and the salad dries out). Toss everything up to combine.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and sesame seeds. Taste and adjust with soy sauce, salt & pepper, or lime juice as needed.
- Note: To turn this into a more filling main meal you can top each serving with grilled chicken slices or cut up rotisserie chicken meat.
We hope you enjoy this Thai Peanut Noodle Salad from Leelalicious. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.