Vegan Kale Caesar Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
This vegan kale Caesar salad is happiness in a bowl! It’s got roasted chickpeas and golden beets, red currants, and best of all – a homemade Caesar dressing that’s absolutely delicious! It’s super easy to make, loaded with veggies, and perfect for those who meal prep.
Vegan Caesar Dressing Ingredients
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup tbsp PB2 Powdered Cashew Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp capers, diced
- 1 tbsp vegan sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
15 oz canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 golden beets, sliced
1-2 bunches of kale, sliced
Olive oil drizzle
- 1 lemon, juiced
4 sprigs red currants, optional
1-2 avocados, sliced, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. First, slice beets and drain/rinse chickpeas. Next, place on parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Then, season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 3o minutes on the top rack of the oven.
- Add kale to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and juice from one lemon. Massage kale greens for 3-4 minutes. Place chickpeas and beets into bowl with kale.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together. Add 1-2 tbsp water if you like a thinner dressing texture. Add to salad bowl with chickpeas, beets and kale.
- Lastly, garnish with red currants and avocado and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy our Vegan Kale Caesar Salad with Chickpeas from Britney Breaks Bread. For more recipes like this, check out the rest of our PB2 Recipes portfolio. You can find a list of all of our products available for purchase here.